- The market has no regulation no Legislation, but USA FTC can rule about automatic rebilling clause on subscriptions, soon.
- Many online dating sites are old and obsolete, and Alexa shows they are in decadence, like eHarmony, PlentyOfFish, Zoosk.
- EliteSingles is copycat of eHarmony with more bells and whistles.
- Big hacking incidents ala AshleyMadison can harm many online dating sites.
- Zoosk failed its IPO some time ago. Even eHarmony failed its IPO.
- Revenue from MeetMe (MEET) comes mainly (90%+) from Advertisement, not subscriptions.
- Big war between Tinder and Badoo, and internal war inside Match - Tinder, if Tinder is cannibalizing Match.
- Perhaps MOMO and MEET reached their operating ceiling.
Match’s Dilemma: Tinder Thrives as Dating Fades
Alexa and SimilarWeb show the rising tide is not happening for Online Dating Industry 2017
Lack Of Innovation & Decadence can summarize the Online Dating Industry.
C-Level executives are more worried about their golf scores than their company’s long term strategy and innovations.
C-level executives are cooking barbecues under the water (selling smoke) and not paying attention to latest research from Academics which could be beneficial for the Online Dating Industry.