- Facebook’s new online dating service won’t have ads and users will have to create a new, separate dating profile.
- Facebook will make some recommendations based on interests and other data == READ as social dating == vaporware.
- Facebook is building a separate messaging experience just for this dating feature. Either person can send the first message, but they’ll only be allowed to send that one unless the recipient replies.
- Who is building this product? Facebook won’t really say. MY BET: With the help of eHarmony Team of course!
- Facebook hopes to begin testing the feature in the coming months.
SA article: "Match Group Is A Clear Sell On Facebook News"
Badoo, eight times more users than Tinder
The Online Dating Industry does not need a 10% improvement, a 50% improvement or a 100% improvement. It does need "a 100 times better improvement"
Very easy to copycat eHarmony, but very difficult to innovate: a 100 times better algorithm than eHarmony.
Please read: The 8 tips to innovate in the Online Dating Industry!