Saturday, June 15, 2013
The next wave of innovation!
What comes after the Social Networking wave?
The Next Big Investment Opportunity on the Internet will be .... Personalization!
Personality Based Recommender Systems and Strict Personality Based Compatibility Matching Engines for serious Online Dating with the normative 16PF5 personality test.
The market remains enormous!!
Personality Based Recommender Systems are the next generation of recommender systems because they perform far better than Behavioural ones (past actions and pattern of personal preferences)
That is the only way to improve recommender systems, to include the personality traits of their users. They need to calculate personality similarity between users but there are different formulas to calculate similarity.
Recommender systems are morphing to ......... compatibility matching engines, as the same used in the Online Dating Industry since years, with low success rates, because they mostly use the Big5 to assess personality and the Pearson correlation coefficient to calculate similarity.
(Personality traits are highly stable in persons over 25 years old to 45 years old)
The entire Online Dating Industry for serious daters in 1st World Countries is a HOAX, performing as a Big Online Casino, with a low effectiveness/efficiency level of their matching algorithms (less than 10%), in the same range as searching by your own.
Actual online dating sites offering compatibility matching methods are only fueled by big marketing budgets and not by serious scientific evidence. No one ( eHarmony, Chemistry, PerfectMatch, PlentyOfFish Chemistry Predictor, MeeticAffinity, Be2, RewardingLove, Parship, True, etc) can prove its matching algorithm can match prospective partners who will have more stable and satisfying relationships than couples matched by chance, astrological destiny, personal preferences, searching on one's own, or other technique as the control group in a peer_reviewed Scientific Paper for the majority (over 90%) of their members.
They are all like placebo, as:
* Actual online dating sites offering compatibility matching methods, when calculating compatibility between prospective mates, have less or at least the same precision as searching on one's own. [in the range of 3 or 4 persons compatible per 1,000 persons screened]
* That is because they use:
a) simplified versions of personality traits, instead of the 16PF5 or similar with the complete inventory (16 variables)
b) inadequate quantitative methods to calculate compatibility between prospective mates.
The Big Five normative personality test is obsolete, it has been proven as an incomplete and incorrect model of personality.
The HEXACO (a.k.a. Big Six) is another oversimplification. Online Dating sites have very big databases, in the range of 20,000,000 (twenty million) profiles, so the BIG 5 model or the HEXACO model are not enough for predictive purposes. That is why I suggest the 16PF5 test instead.
To solve that problem I propose:
1) the 16PF5 or similar normative personality test to measure personality of normal persons over 26 years old interested in serious dating.
No actual online dating site offering compatibility matching methods uses the 16PF5 normative test available in different languages.
2) a new quantitative method to calculate compatibility between prospective mates, based on quantized pattern comparison (part of pattern recognition by correlation)
The value of my algorithm is to achieve far more precision than searching on one's own [in the range of 3 persons compatible per 100,000 persons screened, 100 times better than actual competitors]
WorldWide, there are over 5,000 -five thousand- online dating sites
but no one is using the 16PF5 (or similar) to assess personality of its members!
but no one calculates similarity with a quantized pattern comparison method!
but no one can show Compatibility Distribution Curves to each and every of its members!
but no one is scientifically proven!
The only way to revolutionize the Online Dating Industry is using the 16PF5 normative personality test, available in different languages to assess personality of members, or a proprietary test with exactly the same traits of the 16PF5 and expressing compatibility with eight decimals (needs a quantized pattern comparison method, part of pattern recognition by cross-correlation, to calculate similarity between prospective mates.)
High precision in matching algorithms is precisely the key to open the door and leave the infancy of compatibility testing.
The Teller–Ulam design is the nuclear weapon design concept used in most of the world's multi-megaton-range thermonuclear weapons; a 1,000 times more powerful than Hiroshima's Little Boy. In most applications the bulk of its destructive energy comes from uranium fission, not hydrogen/deuterium/tritium fusion
Its essential features, which officially remained secret for nearly three decades, are:
1) separation of stages into a triggering "primary" explosive and a much more powerful "secondary" explosive
2) compression of the secondary by X-rays coming from nuclear fission in the primary, a process called the "radiation implosion" of the secondary,
3) heating of the secondary, after cold compression, by a second fission explosion inside the secondary.
The Online Dating Industry needs a very powerful algorithm like the "Teller Ulam design". In this case 100 times more powerful than actual matching algorithms.
Can you guess which is that powerful matching algorithm?
Fernando Ardenghi's List of Firsts:
- First person in the World to say the entire Online Dating Industry in 1st World Countries is a HOAX.
- First person in the World to say many Online Dating sites like eHarmony, PerfectMatch, Chemistry, PlentyOfFish Chemistry Predictor, MeeticAffinity, Parship, Be2 and others are performing as placebo, like patent medicine.
- First person in the World to discover the Online Dating Sound Barrier problem.
- First and Only person in the World to solve the Online Dating Sound Barrier problem.
- First person in the World to suggest the normative 16PF5 test or similar like 15FQ+ to measure personality of daters instead of ipsative tests like PerfectMatch or Chemistry or other normative less powerful tests like the Big Five.
- First person in the World to say Online Dating sites should check if women are taking contraceptive pills or other hormonal therapy.
- First person in the World to reverse engineering several online dating sites offering compatibility matching methods.
- First person in the World to notice Personality Based Recommender Systems are like compatibility matching engines.
- First person in the World to suggest Online Dating sites should show Compatibility Distribution Curves to every and each dater.
- First person in the World to compile research about Theories of Romantic Relationship Development.
- First person in the World to openly say Conferences for the Online Dating Industry like iDate and ODS are rubbish.