You think North America, Europe and Asia are UP and South America and Oceania are DOWN
Moreover the Mercator projection exaggerates areas far from the equator. For example:
Greenland takes as much area on the map as Africa, when in fact Africa's area is approximately 14 times greater than Greenland.
Alaska takes as much area on the map as Brazil, when Brazil's area is actually more than 5 times that of Alaska.
Finland appears with a greater north-south extent than India, although India's is greater.
Antarctica appears as the biggest continent, although it is actually the fifth in terms of area.
Modern atlases no longer use the Mercator projection for world maps or for areas distant from the equator, preferring other cylindrical projections, or forms of equal-area projection.
See the World Map in a Hobo–Dyer equal-area projection.
See again the World Map in another Hobo–Dyer projection
South America is not the end of the world, it is the beginning of everything.
The same happens with tests used in the Online Dating Industry for compatibility matching. They distort and cannot break "the online dating sound barrier"!!!
* That is because they use:
a) simplified versions of personality traits, instead of the 16PF5 or similar with the complete inventory (16 variables) Since the traits which compose the Big Five model are relatively broad, they are not nearly as predictive and accurate for explaining human behavior as some of the more abundant, specific traits.
b) inadequate quantitative methods to calculate compatibility between prospective mates, like eHarmony which uses Dyadic Adjustment Scale or other sites which use multivariate linear / logistic regression equations o other simple equations.
In compatibility matching methods there are 2 steps:
1) to objectively measure personality traits or other human variables (with the 16PF5 test).
2) to calculate compatibility between prospective mates.
Innovations are not adding more bells and whistles to actual online dating sites.
Breaking "the online dating sound barrier" is to achieve at least:
3 most compatible persons in a 100,000 persons database.
12 most compatible persons in a 1,000,000 persons database.
48 most compatible persons in a 10,000,000 persons database.
100 times better than Compatibility Matching Algorithms used by actual online dating sites!
The only way to achieve that is:
- using the 16PF5 normative personality test, available in different languages to assess personality of members, or a proprietary test with exactly the same traits of the 16PF5. The ensemble of the 16PF5 is: 10E16, big number as All World Population is nearly 6.7 * 10E9
- expressing compatibility with eight decimals, like The pattern 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168 is 92.55033557% +/- 0.00000001% similar to the pattern 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206
Using a quantized pattern comparison method (part of pattern recognition by cross-correlation) to calculate similarity between prospective mates. .......guess.... LIFEPROJECT METHOD.