Monday, May 27, 2013
2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus Report by comScore
Latin America Digital Future in Focus Report by comScore
The study provides a comprehensive overview of the Latin American market and identifies the prevailing trends in web usage, online video, mobile and online advertising.
Key insights from the 2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus report include:
- Of the five global regions, Latin America had the fastest growing internet population, increasing 12 percent in the past year to more than 147 million unique visitors in March 2013. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Consumers in Latin America spent 10 hours online per month on Social Networking sites, doubling the global average time spent; 5 of the top 10 most engaged markets with social content worldwide are located in Latin America. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Fueled by the holiday shopping season, Online Retail continues to grow in Latin America with the total number of online shoppers up 16 percent in the past year. Wal-Mart was the fastest gaining property of the top 10 most-visited Retail websites, growing 163 percent in the past year to 11.7 million visitors in March 2013. (Source: comScore Media Metrix)
- Mobile phones and tablets continue to account for a growing amount of digital traffic. Of the 4 Latin American markets analyzed, Mexico led the region with 13.9 percent of all web-based page views consumed beyond the personal computer, mostly on smartphones and tablets. (Source: comScore Device Essentials – Mexico, Argentina, Brazil & Chile)
- Online Advertising is on the rise in Brazil, growing 97 percent the past year to 130 billion display ad impressions delivered in March 2013. Netflix, Inc. was the largest display advertiser in Brazil and Mexico with 2.7 billion and 463 million ad impressions delivered during the month, respectively. (Source: comScore Ad Metrix)
- Internet users in Argentina are the most likely in Latin America to view online video content, with more than 95 percent of its internet population doing so in March 2013. (Source: comScore Video Metrix)
"Latin American countries digital future 2012! "
"comScore's reports. Argentina is 1st in social nets. "
Please remember: mobile concept evolving, meaning tablets with Wi-Fi Network access
( Winter 2013 will begin soon in South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and others. Summer 2013 ended last March 20th)
The Simpsons, Apple, Facebook, LinkedIn, WordPress, Google, Hotmail, Yahoo, YouTube, Blogger, Wikipedia, Bing, Twitter, Skype are BIG successes in Argentina!!!
I have the theory that if something is successful in Argentina, it could be a success in the World.
If it can NOT be a success here in Argentina, it will definitely NOT be a success in the World.
NO online dating company (for serious daters) has success here in Argentina nor Brazil or other Latin American country.