Monday, January 6, 2014
Will PlentyOfFish collapse this 2014 ???
PlentyOfFish Media owns PlentyOfFish site (POF) that:
- failed to be acquired by IAC Personals several times (nasdaq IACI). The legal letter Match sent to the owners of PlentyOfFish (last April 2010) was the first step to initiate negotiations.
- failed with its Internationalization Plans
- its IPO is inviable. (The same for Zoosk)
- there were some bad news about serial killers at PlentyOfFish.
- tried to be the next "free eHarmony" during 2007 and failed. Now eHarmony, a 13+ years obsolete site is free/freemium.
- failed with the PlentyOfFish Chemistry Predictor, the PlentyOfFish Marriage Predictor and even the behavioural algorithm called UltraMatch.
- also failed with eVow to revolutionize the Online Dating Industry.
- its management team can not innovate in nothing.
- continually needs to buy traffic. The main secret of PlentyOfFish is: they buy expensive traffic and sell it cheaper, thanks to that it can display ads of paid online dating sites and receive commissions paid from them. PlentyOfFish Media also owns several white label dating sites for that purpose. To send tired daters from free sites to paid online dating sites.
The real secret of PlentyOfFish is: it needs to show ads mainly from online paid sites, then send prospective customers there and receive commissions when they acquire a paid membership.
A new Legislation to rule online dating sites, can hurt free/freemium sites like PlentyOfFish.
the older domain name