Friday, January 3, 2014
Predicting 2014 main Online Dating Industry news
- Zoosk IPO should fail (its Management Team can not innovate in the Online Dating Industry).
They had a bunch of investors who were dragging other investors to continue investing until they can sell the company to IAC, but if failed, so they plan to sell all shares of the company and recover leveraged money.
- Many social dating applications should collapse, like Badoo, Hinge, HowAboutWe, LikeBright, in the same road as LikeIt (TheCompleteMe)
Social dating is vaporware. Online Dating for serious daters does not need to be more social, it needs to be more effective/efficient. It needs to reduce the false positives problem.
- Legislation will regulate Online Dating Sites: Sites should disclose active members and delete all bogus/fake/phantom profiles with celebrity photos.
- eH+ (eHarmony Plus) will fail, because USD5,000 for matchmaking assistance is a robbery.
eHarmony is a 13+ years old obsolete site and a HOAX, based on a big scientific fraud.
eHarmony is not "scientifically proven" because eHarmony Labs had never proven eHarmony's matching algorithm can match prospective partners who will have more stable and satisfying relationships -and very low divorce rates- than couples matched by chance, astrological destiny, personal preferences, searching on one's own, or other technique as the control group in a peer reviewed Scientific Paper for the majority (over 90%) of eHarmony's members.
- Big Five (Big 5, OCEAN model) normative personality test is an incomplete and incorrect model to assess personality of persons. Now replaced by the HEXACO (Big Six) model of personality, but not good for predictive purposes. I suggest the 16PF5 instead.
- Free/freemium proposals like PlentyOfFish / OKCupid and others, will be hurt by Legislation.
- IAC Personals (owns Match, Chemistry, OkCupid, Meetic, Tinder, Twoo and others) reached operating ceiling, no innovations since years!