Mark Brooks form Online Personals Watch had interviewed the CEO of PlentyOfFish (POF), at iDate2014 Las Vegas Superconference.
TOO LATE and UNNECESSARY. It would had been the same if he had interviewed the Queen of England.
live in a South American country and I am really astonished to see how
online daters in "1st World" countries are really victims of human
Some questions I had sent:
If POF had past its prime, if it is declining and failed to be sold to IAC last 2013.
Which is the revenue and profits? An IPO is impossible now.
Will PlentyOfFish collapse this 2014 ???PlentyOfFish Media owns PlentyOfFish site (POF) that:
- failed to be acquired by IAC Personals several times (nasdaq IACI). The legal letter Match sent to the owners of PlentyOfFish (last April 2010) was the first step to initiate negotiations.
- failed with its Internationalization Plans
- its IPO is inviable. (The same for Zoosk)
- there were some bad news about serial killers at PlentyOfFish.
- tried to be the next "free eHarmony" during 2007 and failed. Now eHarmony, a 13+ years obsolete site is free/freemium.
- failed with the PlentyOfFish Chemistry Predictor, the PlentyOfFish Marriage Predictor and even the behavioural algorithm called UltraMatch.
- also failed with eVow to revolutionize the Online Dating Industry.
- its management team can not innovate in nothing.
- continually needs to buy traffic. The main secret of PlentyOfFish is:
they buy expensive traffic and sell it cheaper, thanks to that it can display ads of paid online dating sites and receive commissions paid from them. PlentyOfFish Media also owns several white label dating sites for that purpose. To send tired daters from free sites to paid online dating sites.
The real secret
of PlentyOfFish is: it needs to show ads mainly from online paid sites,
then send prospective customers there and receive commissions when they
acquire a paid membership.
A new Legislation to rule online dating sites, can hurt free/freemium sites like PlentyOfFish.
the older domain name
The Online Dating Industry needs a very powerful algorithm like the "Teller Ulam design". In this case 100 times more powerful than actual matching algorithms.
With less than USD10 Million you can copycat eHarmony
innovate and revolutionize the Online Dating Industry, killing those old & obsolete sites forever.