Boston, MA, USA, September 16th, 2016
in conjunction with 10th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2016)
- Adapt to Emotional Reactions In Context-aware Personalization
- Investigating the Role of Personality Traits and Influence Strategies on the Persuasive Effect of Personalized Recommendations
- Personality in Computational Advertising: A Benchmark
- Emotion Elicitation in Socially Intelligent Services: the Intelligent Typing Tutor Study Case
- Eliciting Emotions in Design of Games – a Theory Driven Approach
- The Influence of Users’ Personality Traits on Satisfaction and Attractiveness of Diversified Recommendation Lists
- A Jungian based framework for Artificial Personality Synthesis
- A Comparative Analysis of Personality-Based Music Recommender Systems
- Recommender System Incorporating User Personality Profile through Analysis of Written Reviews
Personality Based Recommender Systems are the next generation of recommender systems because they perform far better than Behavioural ones (past actions and pattern of personal preferences)
Which is the RIGHT approach to innovate in the Personality Based Recommender Systems Arena?
The same approach to innovate in the Online Dating Industry == 16PF5 test or similar to assess personality traits and a new method to calculate similarity between quantized patterns.
Online Dating sites have very big databases, in the range of 20,000,000 (twenty million) profiles, so the Big Five model or the HEXACO model are not enough for predictive purposes. That is why I suggest the 16PF5 test instead and another method to calculate similarity.
High precision in matching algorithms is precisely the key to open the door and leave the infancy of compatibility testing.
Without offering the NORMATIVE 16PF5 (or similar test measuring exactly the 16 personality factors) for serious dating, it will be impossible to innovate and revolutionize the Online Dating Industry.
The Online Dating Industry does not need a 10% improvement, a 50% improvement or a 100% improvement. It does need "a 100 times better improvement"
All other proposals are NOISE and perform as placebo.
What comes after the Social Networking wave?
The Next Big Investment Opportunity on the Internet will be .... Personalization!
Personality Based Recommender Systems and Strict Personality Based Compatibility Matching Engines for serious Online Dating with the normative 16PF5 personality test.